I'm among those who are not going to Firefly this weekend, for a number of reasons.
However, I've recently been encouraged to attend TESfest, and am now actively considering that bit of insanity.
Yes, this would be rather insane.
- It's a 4-6 hour drive, bus, and/or train from Boston to NYC and thence to NJ. And again for the return late Monday or earlyish Tuesday (with hopes of making it to a mellow BBQ in Arlington).
- As of today, my employer expects me at work on Monday, and that would be unlikely to happen (though I could probably get away with working remotely, with broadband access, if they don't declare a holiday before then).
- I don't have any crash space arranged, and don't really know who else will be there, aside from my one (so far) encouraging voice, and one other.
- I need to replace a number of items from my stolen toybag, and this would be a good shopping opportunity.
- The van has been behaving, and I might could find a few passengers to make the drive more fun and not-quite-so-painful in gas costs... or, I could ride train or bus with others who help make *that* more fun...
- Lots of aesthetically pleasing people, in entertaining costume, doing amusing things to each other, in one place...
- And the possibility of new, intensified, or revived, playmates, including my encourager...
So, now, the fun! (Comments are screened, and only I see your responses... I might unscreen comments in conversation, so tell me if you want not to be unscreened.)
Why should macthud go?
Will you be there?
How should macthud travel?
Where should macthud stay?