the birthday gank -- go to Wikipedia, enter in your birthdate (just month and date, no year), post three events, two births and one death.
September 9 is the 252nd day of the year (253rd in leap years). There are 113 days remaining.
- 1776 - The Continental Congress officially names their new union of sovereign states the United States (the United States didn't become a country until the ratification of the Constitution).
- 1947 - "First actual case of (a computer) bug being found": a moth lodges in a relay of a Mark II computer at Harvard University.
- 2001, 01:46:40 UTC - the Unix billennium.
- 1939 - George Lazenby, Australian actor, the first James Bond
- 1969 - Rachel Hunter, New Zealand model and actress
- 1901 - Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, French painter (b. 1864)